Friday, October 2, 2009

SHE'S GOT LEGS, SHE KNOWS HOW TO USE THEM

Spidey-2

Spidey-1

I always spot amazing webs and spiders at night but have never been able to get a good photograph. These two beauties were out in stark sunlight and I had my macro lens with me so I was able to capture all the eerie details.

The spiders were quite large - around two inches in length - so it's a good thing I'm not arachnophobic because my head was >veryclose< to the second spider pictured. The beautiful green background in the first shot is actually reclaimed water at The Japanese Garden in Van Nuys. I love how the markings on the first spider's body make it look like a creepy skull or weird alien being.

Photo credits: © Lydia Marcus 2009
Photographed September 27, 2009 in Van Nuys, CA
The Japanese Garden / Donald C. Tillman Water Reclamation Plant

No comments: