Tuesday, July 21, 2009

CALI DAY 2

Cali & Me - our official first portrait. My Dad is a horrible photographer but someone he managed this one!
Cali_Day2-3

Cali and I spent our first full day together keeping on a puppy schedule so she has consistency in her young doggie life. Cali is crate trained but since I don't have a crate for her yet (it was ordered from dog.com today), she slept on in a doggie bed on the floor next to my bed and didn't go to the bathroom until I let her out at 7am. Good Dog!!!

Here's a run down of the day:

Breakfast at 7am. A walk with my Dad after the meal.

Pee breaks every 2 hours.

Playing with her soft squeaky toys, chasing tennis balls and playing fetch, wrestling around, cuddling, and napping in between the pee breaks.

Lunch at noon. Another walk with Dad.

More play and nap time.

Dinner at 6pm.

Her first dog park visit around 6:30. Voracious play with ALL the dogs. She never looked back at me once - she was off and running and playing rough for about an hour. No shyness, no fear, she was like a bat outta hell at the dog park. If she's like this at only 25 pounds, I have no idea what terror she'll be full grown! Those big dogs better watch out!!! I attribute her outward behavior at the dog park to early socialization with other dogs at her wonderful foster home.

Here's video of her at play.



Cali with a guy at the dog park. If only she stayed this fun size forever!
Cali_Day2-1

Since the dog park, she's been pretty pooped out, but I don't know who's more tired - the puppy or this new doggie mommy!

Photos by © Lydia Marcus 2009
Photographed July 21, 2009 in Encino, CA

No comments: