Saturday, May 10, 2008

THE NEED FOR SPEED

I found out about a great sale on Sandisk thanks to Ken Rockwell's site. Right now, most of Sandisk's memory cards have major rebates, and the rebates get bigger the more cards you buy. Different retailers have this promotion going on, but Adorama sweetens the pot by offering an extra 10% added to your rebate if you choose a Gift Check option instead of a Visa Check Card. I purchased two SanDisk Extreme Ducati Edition 4 GB Secure Digital, SD Plus USB Memory Cards. The cost was $120 with free shipping, and I'll be getting either $70 dollars back in a Visa Check Card or $77 if I choose the Adorama Gift Card option. So essentially, this is costing me around $50 bucks for 2 really fast SD cards. The thing that's really cool about the special edition Ducati cards (besides their red color) is that they have a usb connection built into the card so you don't need to lug around a card reader to use them. Also, they have a much faster read/write speed (20mb a second) than the cheaper line of SD cards. The card also comes with a RescuePRO® Deluxe Recovery Software CD - which can come in handy if you have corrupted files or are trying salvage stuff you've erased.

I don't have any Ducati photos that I've taken, but in the spirit of things, here's a nice vintage mid 1970's Honda that I photographed in Venice Beach on March 3, 2008.

No comments: