Thursday, June 24, 2010

MY PHOTO & BLOG INSPIRED AN LAIST STORY

Occasionally I contribute photos to the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr. I try and put things in that are a bit unusual, different, or that I think may pique the editors interest. Putting a photo in the pool gives LAist the right to use it on their site. I've been lucky a handful of times when LAist has used my photo in one of their daily postings. They always give photo credit and a link back to photo on the photographer's Flickr feed. I like having my photos run on LAist because they spotlight Los Angeles in a unique way and support local photographers by publishing their work to a wider audience.

On Tuesday, LAist posted the story Capturing The Summer Solstice. They not only used one of my photos from Griffith Observatory, they also directly quoted me in the article.

Quite an honor. - Lydia Marcus

Here's the story:

LAist_SummerSolstice

No comments: