Monday, October 27, 2008

HAUTE DOGS!


Yesterday I attended my first Haute Dog Howl'oween Parade in Long Beach. I'm a huge dog lover, so being surrounded by cute dogs all day was quite a treat. Here are some of my favorite shots from the day. The entire set of photos can be viewed on my Flickr page.





















ADOPT THIS SWEETIE!

This is Mia and she really tugged at my heart and got under my skin. I'm not looking to adopt another dog - Lucy The Boxador as an only child is enough for me right now - but Mia was just so sweet and memorable and I really wanted to give her a shout out so she has a higher possibility of being adopted. When I walked over to the little enclosure she was in with three other dogs, the other dogs were all snoozing but Mia immediately stood on her hind legs to get up closer to me and was ready to get my attention and affection. But at the same time, she was completely calm/submissive about it - a really great trait for any dog - just ask Cesar Millan. She definitely is a dog of the ugly/cute variety and she just had such a wonderful disposition and personality and really deserves a forever home.

Through a little investigation, I found a link to the rescue group that has Mia. Here is their description of her and contact info:

"Mia came from a high kill shelter and her sweet demeanor kept her alive long after her due date. She loves to cuddle and likes to be held like a baby, which she really is. She is crate trained and house broken and knows all her house manners. She came with fingernail polish on one toe so she was used to being pampered. The cute face, with the very loving eyes and obvious underbite will make you smile every time you look at her. Mia is a little timid in new situations, but quickly begins to feel more comfortable and then her loving personality comes out & she grabs your heart. She would be a great family member and gets along with other dogs, people and older children. Be prepared to want to hold her the first time you see her! She will stretch up so she can reach your arms. Who wouldn't want to love this sweetie? If you are interested in meeting this sweetheart, please email Alma@CrittersRescue.com www.CrittersRescueOnline.org


Haute Dog Photos by Lydia Marcus
Photographed October 26, 2008 in Long Beach, CA

No comments: