Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I SHOOT PEOPLE

I know it's shocking news to digest, but I shoot people too. Sure they're not as sexy as cars or as cute as dogs, and sometimes you even have to give them directions, but I try not to hold it against them.

This past Sunday I spent the day with some guys from two different flickr groups - Los Angeles and Los Angeles Strobist. We practiced shooting Strobist style with our speedlights (i.e. off camera flashes). I really prefer shooting in natural light to any kind of artificial light, so my favorite part of the day was later in the afternoon when we switched to impromptu outdoor shooting. The shots below were photographed in the small pool area of Bill's apartment building and in the long, tree lined corridor that ran between his apartment and the building next door.

This is Bill, our wonderful host and organizer for the event.



And here's Arash, Bill's younger neighbor we drafted into modeling duty. He turned out to be a fabulous subject.



No comments: