Thursday, September 27, 2007

GONE

One of the ongoing photo series I'm shooting is buildings/businesses that are here today, gone tomorrow in Los Angeles, and more specifically, the San Fernando Valley where I grew up. Prototypical suburban "Ranch Houses" are getting bulldozed at an alarming rate to make way for McMansions that barely leave a strip of land or grass to call one's own. Whenever I see a longtime business put up their closed sign, I'm racing to get a photo of the facade or signage before it's obliterated. Yes I'm more than a little nostalgic about my L.A. past and if all I can do is take a photo of a place that has held memories for me (even if that memory is just driving by), then I'm doing my best to get out an take a picture before the construction crews show up.







No comments: